The many fall foliage trails and scenery in Pagosa Springs are gorgeous! Enjoy a beautiful hike or drive and see the splendid array of fall colors.
Fourmile Falls – Fall Trail
- Turn north at the downtown clock tower, then left on Fifth Street which becomes Fourmile Road.
- Follow Fourmile Road (County Rd 400/FDR 645) for 13 miles to the trailhead.
- Trailhead elevation is 9,200 feet.
- This trail provides relatively easy walking for the first three miles to the waterfall. The views are amazing and fall color is abundant.
Opal Lake – Fall Trail
- To reach Opal Lake, go south out of Pagosa Springs on Highway 84 approximately eight miles to Blanco Basin Road. Follow east to Castle Creek Road.
- Turn right across the Blanco River and follow the road two miles to a parking area identified by a sign denoting the trailhead.
- The lake is a short two-mile hike from the trailhead that travels through an amazing Aspen forest.
Poison Park – Fall Trail
- Travel west on U.S. Hwy 160 to Piedra Road (FDR 631), north 22 miles on Piedra Road, right on Williams Lake Road (FDR 640).
- Proceed 3.5 miles, turn left on FDR 664. Go 3 miles to the trailhead at road’s end.
- The trailhead elevation is 9,210 feet.
- The first few miles of the hike travel though an Aspen forest.